The current challenge at Simon Says, is to focus on the border. I decided to dig out my paper lace which has mainly just been gathering dust for a few years now… I managed to squeeze in three different laces and one washi tape border. The result is a card that is so NOT my usual style!
I used this week’s sketch at Kortskissen for the layout, and I also submit the card to Tuesday Throwdown’s challenge #307 – Anything goes.
The sentiment is a clear stamp from Slöjd-Detaljer (did I mention that I love our stamps? 😀 ), and says “If there’s anything you dream of, may everything be granted, because you deserve everything”.
Second card for today is made for five different challenges, four of them from blogs I discovered just today:
- Card Mania challenge #82 – Lace and/or Pearls. I squeezed in both. I have loads of lace that I hardly ever use, I guess I should try to use it more often in my projects.
- Cards und More challenge #163 – Embossing. Sentiment is embossed with black embossing powder. And embossing is something I should do more often as well. I’ve become “lazy” and always stamp without embossing.
- Tuesday Throwdown #304 – Happy Birthday.
- Simon Says – Anything Goes.
- Sketch Saturday’s sketch #422.