Things With Wings

Our new challenge at Through The Purple Haze is “Things With Wings“. As I love using butterflies on my creations, that’s of course what I chose for this challenge.

I’ve made a one layer card. First I stamped the large butterfly. I also stamped it on a post-it note, cut it out and placed it on the butterfly I had stamped on the card. Then I stamped the butterfly panel three times as background. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this technique, it’s called masking.

I’ve colored the stamped images with three shades of yellow/orange, and then filled in all the black on the large butterfly with black Sakura Glaze gel roller pen to make it pop out a bit.

I used CAS(E) this Sketch #229 for the layout of my card:

I also submit my card to the following challenges:

1. Donna Ellis says:

Such gorgeousness! So glad I got to see your masterpiece showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles – my little crafting world}

2. Dorothy S says:

How beautiful! The black makes the butterfly really pop, and I really like the effect of your coloring on the yellow cs. I am saving this, because I would like to try this technique some day! Thank you for joining the weekly Anything Goes challenge at QKR Stampede. Dorothy S, DT member

3. Leigh Penner says:

Very cool take on the sketch!

4. DonnaLee says:

Gorgeous card! Love the butterfly!
    Thanks for getting CAS with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

5. What a beautiful card. Love the details and awesome colors. Thanks for your entry in our Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Happy Crafting!

6. Jane Tyrrell says:

Such vibrant colours and super stamping.Thanks so much for joining our things with wings challenge over at Country View x

7. Wow, very beautiful artsy card! I love it! Hideko

8. Chris Eder says:

Wow! This is really pretty! I love your masking technique, and your colors are just swoon-worthy! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! – Chris, DT

9. Cazro says:

Stunning card., I love it. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

10. Kylie says:

Your card is amazing. The colours are so vibrant! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

11. Helen says:

Beautiful card – love the way you’ve put it together.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

12. Corrie says:

Lovely ! Thank you for taking part in our July challenge over at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x

13. KIM HEGGINS says:

Wow…this is so beautiful, love all those wonderful fall colors.