It’s Christmas time!

Every year I have the intention to make Christmas cards during the entire year, to have a stash large enough to both send and sell when it’s time for those cards. Yeah, right. This year I have obviously made ONE Christmas card, and that was during the first week in January. So, I’d better get started now.

On this card, I’ve used part of a sheet music background stamp from Artemio in the upper right corner, snowflake stamps from Kortmakaren, and the greeting stamp is from Hero Arts. All stamped images are embossed – the sheet music with black embossing powder and the rest with gold. The background is dotted cardstock. I have them in several colors but never use them. I need to change that!

160906-kort1

160906-kort2

160906-kort3

I’m participating in a total of five challenges with this card:
The current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is an easy one – Anything goes!
At Jingle Belles, the challenge is to use music elements.
Merry Monday #212 challenge us to use black, white and gold only.
Challenge #39 at Christmas Card Challenges is to be inspired by music notes:
ccc39
For the layout of my card, I used the sketch from Inkspire Me #265:
inkspire265

1. Nina says:

Lovely card, this is such a wonderful layout. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

2. Well, this first one is a great design – I love the music and gold on it! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

3. Laurie says:

So elegant! I love the embossing.Thanks for playing along at The Christmas Card Challenge this week!

4. Debbie Henderson says:

Oooh I love the music notes image mixed in with the snowflakes and bling. Pretty card! Thanks so much for playing Merry Monday this week!

5. Kim says:

Really pretty card. I like how ou incorporated the music notes. Isn’t gold, blackand white so pretty?

6. SmilynStef says:

Wow, what an elegant holiday design … I love how you used just a portion of the musical stamp … so glad you joined our musical fun at jingle belles.

7. Susan Powell says:

LOVE this! Every detail – love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

8. Marion says:

What a lovely card! Black and Gold look great together. Thanks for joining us at Inkspire me. Marion

9. sooooooo VERY VERY lovely! thanks for sharing this beautiful card and celebrating the music of the holidays with us at JINGLE BELLES!!! <3

(& YES, i think we all had the *intention* of doing cards throughout the year for quite some time… in my case YEARS… before we actually did it! well done you, you're on your way!!!)

10. Christine says:

Such a wonderful card – I love it 🙂
    Thanks for joining us at In{k}spire_me!
    All the best, Christine

11. Kirstin says:

Wow, your card is gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing Inkspire_me this week! Greetings from Bavaria, Kirstin

12. What a gorgeous card! Your embossing looks beautiful and I love the music notes. Wonderful card!

13. Monica says:

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenge this week!
    Monica – CCC DT

14. This looks so elegant ….. I love it!!

15. Great CAS card! Love the design, and you nailed it with the colors. Tfs! 🙂 ~ Andrea

16. Karen Kirkman says:

Wow I love the design of your card! Such a nice use of gold, black and white too!